treesBEC - INTO THE WOODS
Stop the mundane life and the everyday routine of it!
Not a minute will pass as you will be dragged in the green fairytale world by treesBEC, where among trees and squirrels, rabbits, beavers, bears you will meet him - Robin Hood.
He will get wild, laugh and he will protect the vulnerable ones, but you will be the one who will get many useful advices from him and you will be the one who will spend truly unforgettable moments together with inhabitants in the wood of BEST-Riga.
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Woody team design / woody green case study / green debates / wood industry / environment protection/sustainability of forests/green living
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aims of project is to improve students' level of knowledge and promote interest about green living and trees, wide possibilities of using it, and attract the students' attention to the ecological, economical and cultural value of woods, as well as create and develop practical timber handling skills. Last but not least - improve student communication and ability to work in team.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of models built and case study results. Assessment of debate competition.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Your interest in the topic and motivation. We are looking for open and green minded people able to work in the team, willing to improve knowledge about trees, combined with motivation to live the life of Robin Hood and ability to survive in woods.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Charming dormitories. Also camping and some woody apartments during weekend trip.
- 3 meals per day, at least one hot. For some meals you will be able to feel like real survivals and cook by yourself (with a help of organizers, of course)
- Mainly walking, but we we'll use public transport (trains, buses etc.) as well.