Black gold: Drill for it... It ain't no trick to get rich quick!
When you hear about black gold does your mind travel to Arabic countries, millionaire businessmen, mysterious women and flying carpets? Or huge oil platforms lost in nordic seas?
Well, think twice...
They may have the sources, but we posess the knowledge!! Come to Athens to find out what happens in a distilation column and learn about the journey of the petroleum from the depths of the earth to the deposit of your car.
But this won't be all... Prepare yourselves for the Halara greek way of living! Discover the city with the rich history where the ancient world meets the contemporary life. Get tanned while visiting the Parthenon and learn how democracy was born. Spend your day in our amazing beaches, experience the original <<Rubiks cube>> party, taste the delicious souvlaki and last but not least join us in a surprise trip and explore our famous islands!
Don't waste your time, APPLY NOW! The three "S" are waiting for you... Sea, Sun and... Souvlaki!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- During this course, the topics that will be covered are: -Crude Oil Production and Reserves -Refinery Processes for Automotive Fuels Production -Motor Gasoline -Automotive Diesel -Bioethanol -Biodiesel
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to provide information on the production, properties, use and environmental impacts of automotive fuels. The automotive fuels consumption in European Union is continuously increasing. In an attempt to reduce the environmental impact (reduce CO2 emissions) of the transport sector, EU promotes the use of biofuels in automotive fuels. The introduction of biofuels in automotive fuels has an impact on the properties and quality of the automotive fuels, plus an environmental impact.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Summer Scouts' Camp
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot
- Private bus, Public transportation