FOODology: When biotechnology gets Delicious!
Do you love eating? Do you want to discover the secrets of traditional Portuguese food?
Come to Aveiro and learn how to make tasty food in a lab using BIOtechnology. Test your skills, taste the awesome flavours of our city and enjoy our sunny, hot and beautiful beaches!
Ride our famous bikes, explore Aveiro on a Moliceiro, feel the wind in your hair and finish the day with delicious surprises!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You will attend lectures related to food biotechnology; and also make your own beer, cheese and butter in the laboratory. You will also visit companies and see how much processing is needed to turn raw materials into your daily food.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give a great overview of traditional foods manufacturing and its technology. Theoretical lectures will be enriched with company visits and practical work.
- Examination type:
- Written exam/presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter will be the main criteria, however your great answers to our questions will also be considered. We will take into account the gender balance and the country diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dorms.
- 3 meals per day at least one of them hot. Traditional portuguese food.
- Transportation will be guaranteed through the University bus and Vans.