FIXIN' THE CITY
Every city, big or small, has places which are simply boring. Have you ever thought in how many ways such black-spots can be changed? Street art, rotating benches, underwater playgrounds, artificial tropical rainforest, chocolate-fountain?. All right, let?s stop here? My point is that the possibilities are endless!
You don?t have to worry about long and complicated lectures, get ready for creative workshops and case-studies, instead. Even though the subject is based on urban planning, you don?t need any specific university knowledge to apply! Teachers and students from Faculty of Architecture will teach you everything in easy, casual way. You will also develop your soft skills, especially cooperating in a team. So actually all you need is creative and open mind!
Find out that deep down inside you?re a great creator and prove to yourself one thing ? YOU CAN DO IT BETTER!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture
- Content and topics:
- - defining an urban problem (functional, aesthetical, social, ...) - ways of solving these problems - soft skills necessary in team working
- Learning goals and objectives:
- There are two aspects of FIXIN' THE CITY course: urban and interpersonal. Participants, shared into groups lead by teachers and students of Faculty of Architecture, will have a task to find a solution to a chosen urban problem. Simultaneously they will have classes in field of team working, like problems solving, leadership or creativity in order to make the workshops more efficient.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- academic dormitories
- breakfasts and dinners at dormitories; lunches at student's canteen
- mostly walking (short distances); buses/trains when needed