Synergy in Energy!
|Place, Dates & Organisers
Place: Gothenburg, Sweden
Dates: 17 June 2012 to 28 June 2012
University: Chalmers University of Technology
(See University profile in BEST university centre)
BEST Course on Technology
Fee: 40.0 euro. Convert to
Depending on the country of your university, the amount of fee can be lower. [Read more]
Application until: 25 Mar 2012 at 23:00 CEST
Application deadline has passed.
Prior knowledge required
(Mechanical Engineering, Thermodynamics, Energy related knowledge - we expect participants be prepared enough to participate in decsussions about future of European energy sector!)
Academic complexity: Basic [Read more]
Working time: 28 hours (estimated)
Today we are standing on the threshold of radical changes in the European and global energy systems.
As we are realizing the environmental and social consequences of the current system, we are in the need of new ways and technologies to transform to a society powered by sustainable energy.
In this course we are going to have a look at some of the ways that we can build such a system! Here at Chalmers you get the chance to have a closer look at state-of-the-art technologies in sustainable energy production. You will understand how the technologies work, how they can be applied and how they work together in the whole system - how the synergy in energy will look in the future!
Sweden is one of the countries in the world with the highest penetration of renewable energy, and at Chalmers they keep pushing the frontier. Being with us at this course you will have an outstanding opportunity to get closer with the most modern most awesome energy solutions existing nowadays. There will be inspiring presentations, group work, company visits and much more.
But of course this is not everything!
It is also your chance to have a fantastic summer with a bunch of cool people full of energy! You will make lots of new friends, see the city of Gothenburg, have great parties and just a lot of fun!You will enjoy the famous Swedish hospitality, including a traditional Midsummer party, our famous meat balls and much, much more!
So take this chance, come to Gothenburg to energize the future and yourself!
- Fields of activity: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics/Physics Engineering, Power Engineering
- Content and topics: Innovative Energy Solutions for Tomorrow
- Learning goals and objectives: Get familiar with state-of-the-art technologies of European energy sector
- Examination type: Project presentation or written exam
- Number of ECTS credits issued:
Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria for participants: Motivation Letter, answers to questions and appropriate scientific background
All of these are covered by the event fee.
- Lodging during the event: Student Accommodation
- Food during the event: Catered and home cooked Swedish food
- Transportation during the event: Public transportation
For more information about this event, check out the following links (these links lead to outside this website - if they turn out to be unavailable, please try again later):