With the support of the Youth in Action of the European Union
Education for Sustainable Development: Fostering the Revolution of Society
Are you aware of employers' and society's expectations when it comes to Sustainable Development? Have you ever heard of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)? Would you like to have an impact on the evolution of education?
The United Nations' "Decade of Education for Sustainable Development" (2005-2014) is rapidly approaching its end. However its aim, the striving for a more sustainable future, will continue to be a main focus. Sustainable Development stands for meeting the needs of present generations without jeopardizing the ability of futures generations to meet their own needs. The European Council confirmed Sustainable Development to remain a fundamental objective of the European Union and therefore strengthened Sustainable Development as the Guiding Principle.
Sustainable Development has to be taken up by society, including YOU!
- Do you, as future university graduate, feel prepared for the changes in thinking, in economic and social structures and in consumption and production patterns that will be necessary the future?
- What does good ESD mean to you and how do you think it can be implemented well in higher level education? How can it be taught well?
- What is your opinion about extracurricular activities in regards to ESD?
- Do you have best-practise-examples from your university to share?
- How can ESD help us in competitiveness and innovation?
We want YOUR answer to these questions!
During the event we will discuss some of the most important issues of Sustainable Development and how they are or should be reflected in higher education:
- Climate Change and Energy
- Cultural Diversity
- Sustainable Lifestyles
- Sustainable Urbanization
- Poverty Reduction
- Disaster Risk Reduction
Keep on reading!
During the discussion with nationally and internationally recognized experts, we would like to gather your input on how to improve the role of ESD at universities! The Austrian UNESCO Commission and SEFI, the European Society of Engineering Education will use the outcomes of this conference, e.g. to improve Education for Sustainable Development in engineering education.
This Event on Education will take place in Vienna, the capital of Austria, home of Wiener Schnitzel and the famous delicious Sacher Torte. Apart from discussing Education in Sustainable Development, you will get to know Vienna with its numerous sights as well as Austrian culture.
You will visit of one of the three UNESCO Biosphere Parks located around Vienna! As always for a BEST event, fun and making friends with students all over Europe is guaranteed too!
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria for participants: Motivation letter
An equal number of male and female participants is aspired as well as a high diversity of both the country of origin of participants and their field of study.
All of these are covered by the event fee.
- Lodging during the event: Hostel in the centre of Vienna.
- Food during the event: Three meals per day will be provided, at least one of which will be hot.
- Transportation during the event: Walking, public transport.
For more information about this event, check out the following links (these links lead to outside this website - if they turn out to be unavailable, please try again later):