With the support of the Youth in Action of the European Union
|Place, Dates & Organisers
Place: Valladolid, Spain
Dates: 10 September 2014 to 20 September 2014
University: University of Valladolid
BEST Course on Technology
No fee will be asked for this activity.
Depending on the country of your university, the amount of fee can be lower. [Read more]
Application until: 11 May 2014 at 23:00 CEST
Application deadline has passed.
No prior knowledge required
Academic complexity: Basic [Read more]
Working time: 31 hours (estimated)
Have you always wondered where does your food come from? How does milk come from a cow and become cheese? Or how a simple grape is transformed into the great drink wine is? Discover how the most innovative techniques are applied to our gastronomic culture and how all these processes have evolved along the 21st Century!
If you've always wondered this, come to discover our amazing course! Spain is one of the BEST places in the World due to our gastronomy and now, during 11 days, you can have the chance to see how we do it while enjoying our culture!
It's going to be an awesome course, but wait... even more awesome because it is hosted by the mythical LBG of Valladolid! All you have always wanted to know about BEST spirit, it is here! A great city, culture, a legendary weekend trip and a fantastic hostel (swimming pool included!). Here you'll live more than one unforgettable party!!!
- Fields of activity: Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Agronomics/Forestry, Applied Sciences, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Automotive Engineering, Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Technology, Civil Engineering, Computational Sciences, Computer Engineering, Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics, Control Engineering/Systems engineering, Economics/Business Administration/Marketing, Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering, Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Food Engineering, Geology, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Machine & Instrument engineering/Design, Materials Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Medicine/Dental Medicine, Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering, Multimedia and Communication Design, Naval Architecture & Engineering, Optics/Optometry, Petroleum Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics/Physics Engineering, Power Engineering, Production Engineering/Management, Rural and Surveying Engineering, Telecommunications/Electronics, Territory Engineering, Textile Engineering & Technology, Transport Engineering, Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics: Food and Agricultural Engineering, and its application to industrial processes, science and technology.
- Learning goals and objectives: Understand the importance of the Food and Agricultural Engineering, in our daily lives and how to develop the new technologies in our countries so we can improve significantly the quality of our food.
- Examination type: Written exam, case study and show active mood during lectures.
- Number of ECTS credits issued:
Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria for participants: Motivation letter, interest in the topic, answers for the custom questions, cultural diversity.
All of these are covered by the event fee.
- Lodging during the event: Hostel.
- Food during the event: Hostel and college restaurants. At least one hot meal per day.
- Transportation during the event: By bus and walking. Taxi if necessary.
For more information about this event, check out the following links (these links lead to outside this website - if they turn out to be unavailable, please try again later):